Diabetic Friendly Breakfast Ideas for Easy Cooking
July 03, 2020
4 Reasons Online Grocery Shopping Is Taking Over Traditional Ways
June 22, 2020
June 10, 2020
9 Amazing Health Benefits Of Mangoes, The King Of Fruits
June 08, 2020
- Rice, Flour & Noodles
- Lentils & Spices
- Condiments & Essentials
- Tea & Beverages
- Instant Food
- Personal & Home
Amritsari Pindi Chole Masala is one of the most popular North Indian chickpeas curry. This amazingly authentic curry tastes heavenly. This dish is sure to bring a flavor of Amritsar streets right into your home. It is so inviting and rich, spicy and full of awesome flavors.
Prep Time : 10-15 minutes
Cook time : 31-40 minutes
Serve : 4
Level Of Cooking : Moderate
Taste : Tangy
Ingredients for Amritsari Pindi Chole Recipe :
- Chickpeas soaked overnight 1 cup
- Black tea bags 2
- Oil 2 tablespoons
- Cumin seeds 1 tablespoon
- Black salt 1/2 tablespoon
- Onion finely chopped 1 large
- Ginger Gralic paste 1 tablespoon
- Red chilli powder 1½ tablespoons
- Coriander powder 1 tablespoon
- Chole masala 1½ tablespoons
- Aamchur powder 1 teaspoon
- Tomatoes quartered 2 medium
- Green chillies slit 4-5
- Salt to taste
- Garam masala powder 1 teaspoon
- Ensure the Kabuli Chana/ Chickpeas was soaked for 8 hours or overnight in water. Add soaked chana into the pressure cooker, add a teaspoon of salt , pinch of baking soda and two black tea bags. Add two to three cardamom, two bay leaves, and one cinamon. Ensure the water level is at least 2 inches above the level of chana.
Note: The addition of tea bag while cooking the chana, help give the Amritsari chole a lovely deep colour.
- Pressure cook the chickpeas/ kabuli chana for about 15 to 20 minutes or 3 to 4 whistle on medium heat.
Turn off the heat and allow the pressure to release naturally. Strain the chole/chickpeas and reserve the water . Discard tea bags, bay leaves, cinnamon and cardamom.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add onion and sauté till it is golden brwon. Then add ginger garlic paste and mix it.
- Add Finley chopped tomatoes and saute it for 3 to 4 minutes with lid .
- Add red chilly powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, salt ( to taste) ,garam masala powder, amchur powder, balck salt and kasuri methi and mix it and cook it till tomatoes are pulpy.
- Add chickpeas alongwith cooking reserve water and add chole masala powder and cook it with lid close for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Nutrition Info :
- Calories : 2153 Kcal
- Carbohydrates : 199.1 gm
- Protein : 68.9 gm
- Fat : 120.2 gm
- Other : Iron- 19.9mg