January 25, 2021
- Green Peas: 1 cup
- Tomato: 2 nos
- Green Chilli: 1 nos
- Oil: 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds: 1/4 tsp
- Ginger: 1/4 inch
- Asafoetida: 1/2 pinch
- Turmeric powder: 1/4 tsp
- Everest Kashmirilal Red chilli powder: 2 tsp
- Coriander powder: 1 tsp
- Garam masala: 1/4 tsp
- Butter: 1 tbsp
- Chickpea flour: 1 tbsp
- Coriander: 1 to 2 tbsp chopped leaves
- Salt: 3/4 tsp
How to make matar makhana?
- Add oil in the pan and heat at low flame.
- While the oil is getting hot, add turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin seeds, hing, and briefly roast it.
- Now add tomatoes, green chili, and ginger paste to the pan.
- Add Everest Kashmirilal Red chilli powder and roast the masala till the oil separates.
- After the masala is half cooked, add a cup of green peas and salt and saute well.
- Cover and cook your sabzi for 5 minutes over low heat.
- After that, add garam masala and 1 tbsp of butter in pan.
- Once the butter melts, add 1 tbsp of • Chickpea flour and roast till golden brown.
- Add 3 tbsp of water, chopped green coriander leaves to your sabzi, and cook the sabzi for 2 minutes.
- Matar Makhana is ready to be served.